Job title: Missions Pastor
Remuneration: £16,800 per year
Posting date: 13 August 2020
Closing date for applications: 10 September 2020
Renew Church is looking to appoint an energetic and inspiring Missions Pastor who will be responsible to our Senior Pastor in overseeing the missions work at Renew Church, both locally and internationally – modelling honest, passionate discipleship and encouraging those with a heart for mission to grow in a committed and passionate faith in Jesus Christ to help those in need.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to:
- help with the coordination and participation of our local ministries including youth activities, children’s clubs and a club for elderly and lonely people in the community;
- assist with running a foodbank for those who are needy;
- help with the leading and coordination of various mission trips each year and mentor, counsel and disciple team members;
- advise, guide and provide counsel to those participating in and receiving support from our missions aid;
- assess and determine the acceptability for participation in ministry work for individual volunteers;
- liaise with other pastors and organisations on our current work to ensure growth and sustainability of our current ministry and missions;
- schedule, coordinate and publicly promote events, activities and trips to further our current work locally and abroad;
- the postholder will also undertake a minimal amount of administration.
Skills, experience and qualifications required
The successful applicant must:
- be a committed Christian;
- be ordained as a Minister;
- have extensive experience in working for a Church and charity in assisting local needs.
- have extensive overseas missionary experience, working with the needy in various countries abroad.
- have practical management skills;
- be computer literate;
- be willing to travel extensively offering Pastoral guidance and support to those attending mission trips as well ensuring that the trips run smoothly.
We require someone to work 37 hours per week although the successful applicant will need to be willing to work irregular hours to help with our various community outreach groups. This may also include overseas travel of up to seven times a year for pastoral duties.
All applicants will be subject to a DBS check or relevant police check from their country of origin.